Baked Potatoes in the Crockpot, who knew?! When I found out that I could Simplify Dinner by putting them in the crockpot in the morning and walking away, I was sold! I did some research and came up with the best plan for us to use this method. It was SUPER easy and left me the day to work on projects without having to worry about what was for dinner.
What I used:
5-6 large Idaho potatoes, I am an true born Idahoan so I am a bit biased 😉
First I washed the potatoes and cut off any bad spots.
Then I tore off squares of aluminum foil for the potatoes, I placed each potato on a square.
I used a large fork to poke holes all over the potato.
Then I drizzled them with olive oil and rubbed it all over each potato.
I put salt & pepper on both sides of the potato.
I wrapped them up and put them in the crockpot!
Cooked on low for 7 hours, then for the last hour I turned it up to high so they would be ready when I needed them. I did have to move the top potato down for the last 30 mins as it was still firmer than the rest.
At dinner time all I had to do was give everyone a potato and let the dress it how they liked! Super easy dinner meal for us! It’s also great for football season when we are home at different times to eat, I just left the potatoes that were still waiting to be ate in the crockpot on low until the boys got home.
Do you have any tips for Simplifying Dinner with Crockpot Baked Potatoes?
- 5-6 Large Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Aluminum foil
- Wash potatoes and cut off any bad spots, then dry them.
- Tear off a square of aluminum foil for each potato and place on square.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the potato, about 6-8 times is good.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then rub all over the potato.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Roll up in aluminum foil and place in crockpot, filling no more than ½ to ¾ way full so they can cook evenly.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Check potatoes about an hour from when you need to eat, ones on top may need to be moved down to bottom. Can also cook on low for 7 hours and on high for the last hour.
- Unwrap and serve with your choice of toppings.